Effective July 1, Iowa State University’s Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) launched the newly formed Office of Research Ethics (ORE), merging and replacing its former Office for Responsible Research and Office of Research Integrity. By combining these units, the Office of Research Ethics will create a one-stop-shop for researchers to assist in meeting the ethics and compliance aspects of carrying out their research.
While the website for the Office of Research Ethics is under development, we invite you to utilize this current compliance website for your human subjects research, animal research, research involving biohazards, and research involving radioactive materials needs. The purpose of the compliance review committees shown below is to review and approve all relevant proposals to ensure that they are in compliance with University, local, state, federal, and funding agency regulations for research. For other services of the Office of Research Ethics (ORE) including conflicts of interest and commitment; export controls; unmanned aircraft systems; foreign influence; research integrity; and training/prevention programs, please see the ORE links in the navigation panel to the left.
(click on a photo for more information about that committee)
In response to the COVID-19 social-distancing recommendations, all ORE staff are now working remotely and can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org (IRB Team), email@example.com (IACUC Team), firstname.lastname@example.org (IBC Team), email@example.com (Conflict of Interest/Unmanned Aircraft Team), or firstname.lastname@example.org (Export Control Team) or via phone at 515-294-1516.
- Virtual One-on-One Training Sessions Now Offered for a-tune Training
- Working Remotely with Human Subjects Research: Privacy and Confidentiality Considerations (UPDATED: 3-20-2020)
- IRB Requirements for Collaborative, Cooperative, Multi-Site Research and sIRB
- a-tune tick@lab (IACUC/IBC Electronic Submission/Review System)
- Is IRB Approval Required?
- IRBManager (Electronic Submission/Review System)
- Researcher's Guide to IRBManager
- NIH Implementation of the Final Rule on the Federal Policy for the Protection of Human Subjects (Common Rule)