Office for Responsible Research
The Office for Responsible Research (ORR), a unit of the Office of the Vice President for Research (VPR), provides administrative services and leadership for Iowa State University's research compliance program. The ORR's mission is to assist the VPR in providing a research environment that fosters honesty, integrity, and a sense of community.
ISU's compliance program includes human subjects research, animal research, research involving biohazards, and research involving radioactive materials. The purpose of the compliance review committees is to review and approve all relevant proposals to ensure that they are in compliance with University, local, state, federal, and funding agency regulations for research.
(click on a photo for more information about that committee)
Winter Break Shutdown Information
- Winter Break Protocol Review and Submission Deadline Information
- THANKSGIVING BREAK OFFICE HOURS
Monday, Nov 25 – Wednesday, Nov 27 7:30-4:00
Thursday, Nov 28 & Friday, Nov 29 CLOSED FOR HOLIDAY
WINTER BREAK OFFICE HOURS
Monday, Dec 23 Closed to public for partial shutdown
Tuesday, Dec 24 & Wednesday, Dec 25 CLOSED FOR HOLIDAY
Thursday, Dec 26 – Friday, Dec 27 Closed to public for partial shutdown
Monday, Dec 30 – Tuesday, Dec 31 7:30-4:00
Wednesday, January 1 CLOSED FOR HOLIDAY
Thursday, Jan 2 - Friday, Jan 10 7:30-4:00
NOTE: The main committee email addresses (IACUC@iastate.edu; firstname.lastname@example.org; IRB@iastate.edu) will be checked once daily on December 23, 26, and 27. If you have an emergency situation during this time, please call Sarah Kaatz, ORR Director at 515-294-3115. She will monitor voicemail during the time that ORR is closed.
- Training Ops: IRB Requirements for Collaborative, Cooperative, and Multi-Site Research
- a-tune Video Tutorials
- a-tune tick@lab (IACUC/IBC Electronic Submission/Review System)
- Is IRB Approval Required?
- IRBManager (Electronic Submission/Review System)
- Researcher's Guide to IRBManager
- NIH Implementation of the Final Rule on the Federal Policy for the Protection of Human Subjects (Common Rule)
- 2018 Revised Common Rule Information (IRB)