Office for Responsible Research
The Office for Responsible Research (ORR), a unit of the Office of the Vice President for Research (VPR), provides administrative services and leadership for Iowa State University's research compliance program. The ORR's mission is to assist the VPR in providing a research environment that fosters honesty, integrity, and a sense of community.
ISU's compliance program includes human subjects research, animal research, research involving biohazards, and research involving radioactive materials. The purpose of the compliance review committees is to review and approve all relevant proposals to ensure that they are in compliance with University, local, state, federal, and funding agency regulations for research.
(click on a photo for more information about that committee)
- THANKSGIVING BREAK: ORR will hold regular office hours, 8 am-5 pm, Nov. 20-22, but will be closed for the holiday on Nov. 23 and 24
- a-tune tick@lab (IACUC/IBC Electronic Submission/Review System) Transition Information
- IRBManager (Electronic Submission/Review System) Transition Information
- Multi-Site Research/Reliance Agreements (IRB)
- New Final Rule Information (IRB)
- WINTER BREAK PARTIAL SHUTDOWN and information regarding IRB/IACUC/IBC application deadlines and full committee review