Office for Responsible Research
The Office for Responsible Research (ORR), a unit of the Office of the Vice President for Research (VPR), provides administrative services and leadership for Iowa State University's research compliance program. The ORR's mission is to assist the VPR in providing a research environment that fosters honesty, integrity, and a sense of community.
ISU's compliance program includes human subjects research, animal research, research involving biohazards, and research involving radioactive materials. The purpose of the compliance review committees is to review and approve all relevant proposals to ensure that they are in compliance with University, local, state, federal, and funding agency regulations for research.
(click on a photo for more information about that committee)
- ORR Fall Break/University Holiday Office Hours:
- Monday-Wednesday, November 19-21, office open 7:30-4:00
- Thursday-Friday, November 22-23, office closed for University Holiday
- Implementation of Revised Common Rule Delayed Until January 21, 2019 (IRB)
- a-tune tick@lab (IACUC/IBC Electronic Submission/Review System) Is Live
- IRBManager (Electronic Submission/Review System) Is Live
- Researcher's Guide to IRBManager
- Implementation of NIH Policy on Single IRB of Record (sIRB) for Multi-site Research
- Multi-Site Research/Reliance Agreements (IRB)