Effective July 1, 2020, Iowa State University’s Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) launched the newly formed Office of Research Ethics (ORE), merging and replacing its former Office for Responsible Research and Office of Research Integrity. By combining these units, the Office of Research Ethics will create a one-stop-shop for researchers to assist in meeting the ethics and compliance aspects of carrying out their research.
While the website for the Office of Research Ethics is under development, we invite you to utilize this current compliance website for your human subjects research, animal research, research involving biohazards, and research involving radioactive materials needs. The purpose of the compliance review committees shown below is to review and approve all relevant proposals to ensure that they are in compliance with University, local, state, federal, and funding agency regulations for research. For other services of the Office of Research Ethics (ORE) including conflicts of interest and commitment; export controls; unmanned aircraft systems; foreign influence; research integrity; and training/prevention programs, please see the ORE links in the navigation panel to the left.
(click on a photo for more information about that committee)
8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Holiday and break hours may differ.
Upcoming Holiday and Break Hours:
- Monday, Dec 19 – Friday, Jan 13 ORE will be operational during the hours of 7:30-4:00
- Friday, Dec 23 CLOSED FOR UNIVERSITY HOLIDAY
- Monday, Dec 26 & Tuesday Dec 27 CLOSED FOR UNIVERSITY HOLIDAY
- Wednesday, Dec 28 – Friday, Dec 30 ORE office is closed
- Monday, Jan 2, 2023 CLOSED FOR UNIVERSITY HOLIDAY
- Monday, Jan 16 CLOSED FOR UNIVERSITY HOLIDAY
- Tuesday, Jan 17 Return to operational hours of 8:00-5:00
- IRB Training Dates and Special Topics Series Announced
- Conflicts of Interest and Commitment (COIC) Disclosure Form moves from AccessPlus to IRBManager
- Conflicts of Interest and Committment Procedures, Applications, and Guidance (UPDATED: 01-08-2021)
- Virtual One-on-One Training Sessions Now Offered for a-tune Training
- Working Remotely with Human Subjects Research: Privacy and Confidentiality Considerations (UPDATED: 10-20-2020)