Office for Responsible Research
The Office for Responsible Research (ORR), a unit of the Office of the Vice President for Research (VPR), provides administrative services and leadership for Iowa State University's research compliance program. The ORR's mission is to assist the VPR in providing a research environment that fosters honesty, integrity, and a sense of community.
ISU's compliance program includes human subjects research, animal research, research involving biohazards, and research involving radioactive materials. The purpose of the compliance review committees is to review and approve all relevant proposals to ensure that they are in compliance with University, local, state, federal, and funding agency regulations for research.
(click on a photo for more information about that committee)
- SUMMER OFFICE HOURS: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., May 13, 2019 - August 16, 2019
- a-tune Video Tutorials
- Is IRB Approval Required?
- NIH Implementation of the Final Rule on the Federal Policy for the Protection of Human Subjects (Common Rule)
- 2018 Revised Common Rule Information and Training Opportunities (IRB)
- a-tune tick@lab (IACUC/IBC Electronic Submission/Review System)
- IRBManager (Electronic Submission/Review System)
- Researcher's Guide to IRBManager