- Compliance Committees
- About Us
- Reporting Concerns
- Why Comply?
- How to Comply
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- ClinicalTrials.gov Registration
Please email the entire form as an MS Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. The completed signature page, along with the title page, may be emailed as a PDF or sent via campus mail to the IACUC Administrator, 202 Kingland.
PI and Department Chair signatures are required for new applications; PI signatures are required for continuing reviews and modifications.
Guidance on Completing Forms
- Writing Clear Animal Activity Proposals This article from the June 2011 issue of Lab Animal discusses the common problems in protocols reviewed by the IACUC and offers a framework for investigators writing animal activity proposals.
New Application Forms
- Protocol Review Form - Breeding Colony This form is used to obtain approval for general colony management practices and activities such as genotyping, disease status, and identification.
- Protocol Review Form - Hybridoma Facility This form is used for projects conducted in the Hybridoma Facility.
- Protocol Review Form - Research (combined IACUC & IBC application) This form is to be used for all research activities"including blood and tissue collection - that involve animals, regardless of the funding source. This form is also used when animals are used in conjunction with recombinant DNA, pathogens, infectious agents, toxins, and experimental biological products. This form is also used if the animals utilized in the project are transgenic.
- Protocol Review Form - Teaching IACUC approval for the use of live vertebrate animals must be obtained prior to the use of these animals in a scheduled course or continuing education offering. Also use this form for special events involving procedures beyond handling and restraint.
Special Events Special event activities will now be submitted to the Office of Risk Management for review. Special event activities are activities in which animals will only be used for handling and restraint; this does not apply to teaching protocols. If the animals will be used for a scheduled class or for more than handling or restraint, a teaching protocol is required. This Flow Chart is designed to help individuals determine if future activities require a form be submitted to the IACUC for review, or if individuals need to contact the Office of Risk Management (email@example.com). This does not change the review of research and testing activities.
Unanticipated Event Form
- Unanticipated Event Form Unanticipated events that are unexpected and/or serious must be promptly reported to the IACUC using this form.
Continuing Review and Modification Forms
- Continuing Review and/or Modification Form This form is used for continuing review or proposed modifications prior to implementation of the changes. For continuing review, please submit in advance of the protocol expiration date to allow adequate time for the review process. If the submitted modification is too complex and/or changes the original objective(s) of the study, the committee may require a new protocol be submitted for review.
- Personnel Change Only Form* This modification form is eligible for expedited review, which is performed by the IACUC Chair.
*This form may be used for more than one study if: 1) personnel to be added are the same for all studies; 2) duties are the same for all studies; and 3) personnel have the necessary experience and/or will have appropriate training for all duties. Please be sure to list all relevant protocol numbers and titles. If personnel are being added to the IBC portion of the project, please list relevant IBC protocol numbers as well.
Forms for Use of Client-owned Animals in Research
These two templates are used by Veterinary Medical Center investigators to obtain informed consent from owners prior to enrollment of client-owned animals in a research project. You may use either version.
- Owner Consent Document Template--standard format
- New Owner Consent Document Template--Q & A format
Note: Please submit an unsigned copy of the document with the application for IACUC approval for documentation purposes. A copy of the signed document must be retained in the investigator's files for three years after the close of the study.
- PI Self-Assessment This form includes questions to help PIs identify potential noncompliance issues. Click here for more information about the Post-Approval Monitoring Program.
- Project Closure Form This form is to be submitted when the project has been completed or canceled.
- Animal Usage Form This is a Laboratory Animal Resources form used to order animals. To request a form, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hazard Inventory Form All personnel who work on a regular basis with chemical, biological, or physical hazards or with animals must complete all sections, regardless of their IACUC personnel category.